We tested some of the best flat irons and hair straighteners, we would like to present to you the KIPOZI Pro Nano-Titanium Ion Plates Flat Iron, a high-quality nano-technology titanium flat iron that you might want to add to your arsenal. If our #1 pick isn’t up to your expectations, make sure to check out the rest of them and discover what to look for in a hair straightener to make sure it will serve you well!
This high-quality titanium flat iron utilizes advanced PTC ceramic heater and far-infrared technology. With adjustable temperature suitable for fragile, damaged, and healthy hair, the hair straightener features an LCD and 3D floating plates ideal for transforming dull, frizzy hair into a sleek look.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Hair Straighteners
|Name||Type||Adjustable Temperature (°F)||Price|
|KIPOZI Pro Nano-Titanium Ion Plates||Nano-Titanium||270 – 450||Check Price|
|HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic||Tourmaline Ceramic||140 – 450||Check Price|
|FURIDEN Tourmaline Ceramic Professional||Tourmaline Ceramic||250 – 450||Check Price|
|KIPOZI Professional Nano-Titanium||Nano-Titanium||170 – 450||Check Price|
|Remington Anti-Static||Titanium Ceramic||310 – 410||Check Price|
1. Best Overall Flat Iron
KIPOZI Pro Nano-Titanium Ion Plates Flat Iron
Reviewed by: Max Perzon
Whether you have healthy hair, fragile hair, or damaged hair, this titanium flat iron by KIPOZI is likely to be the right choice for you. It uses an advanced PTC ceramic heater and far-infrared technology, releasing negative ions to keep your hair moist. It also transforms dull, frizzy hair into gorgeous sleek and shiny appearance.
To fit all hair types, this Pro flat iron has an adjustable temperature. For fragile hair, it is recommended to use 270F to 320F. For damaged hair, apply temperature between 330F to 380F, and for healthy hair, use 390F to 450F.
This hair straightener also features 3D floating plates to make sure that it doesn’t pull your tresses during the process. Its 1-inch plate width is wide enough to fit all hair types and narrow enough for styling or straightening bangs. This device works great as flat iron and curling iron.
For convenience, it has an LCD digital display that shows the temperature of the unit. It also turns off automatically after 90 minutes of non-use for additional safety.
This flat iron heats up to 380F at a constant temperature in only 15 seconds to help prevent damage and reduce the time needed to design your hair.
- Suitable for fragile, damaged, and healthy hair
- LCD digital display shows temperature
- It features 1-inch 3D floating plates to prevent pulling
- Uses far-infrared technology and PTC ceramic heater
- Lock-switch design for easy storage
- Needs to hold the power button for a long time to turn it off
2. Best Hair Straightener Set
HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
Reviewed by: Max Perzon
For creating dramatic results even on the coarsest or frizziest hair, this flat iron hair straightener by HSI Professional has high-quality ceramic plates that use 8 HeatBalance micro-sensors. This feature regulates the temperature and distributes heat evenly so there is no need to pass the unit on your hair many times.
The plates are designed with tourmaline crystal ion and ceramic for silky and shiny finish. The flat iron also offers adjustable temperature settings from 140F to 450F to prevent frizz. This gives you better control to achieve smooth and sleek hair according to your hair type.
Styling your hair with this flat iron is also easy thanks to its 360-degree swivel cord. The one-inch floating plates are narrow enough for bangs and wide enough for all hair lengths. This gives you the flexibility to curl, flip, and straighten hair with minimal effort for quick results. It also lets you adjust the angle to prevent snagging, allowing you to have more control while styling.
The package also comes with a travel-size argan oil leave-in hair treatment to maintain smoothness and protect your hair.
- Adjustable temperature to reduce heat exposure
- Floating plates avoid snagging your hair
- Works well for all hair types
- Helps seal in moisture with ceramic and crystal plates
- Argan oil included
- Takes some time to heat up
- Some reviewers reported that it pulls their hair
3. Best Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
FURIDEN Tourmaline Ceramic Professional Hair Straightener
Reviewed by: Max Perzon
Suitable for all hair types, this straightener by FURIDEN gives hair a smooth silky look with one touch of a button. It heats up in a mere 15 seconds and reduces hair styling time to help you get ready for work, event, or any special occasion while saving energy as well.
It comes with a new alluring directional switch design that only requires one move to rotate clockwise. It also features automatic shut off that triggers after one hour of the device not being used in case busy schedules make you forget to turn the unit off.
This flat iron has floating plates that distribute heat evenly and move when you want them to. The plates have curved edges that continuously adjust the angle to prevent snagging your hair, giving you better control while curling, straightening or flipping.
Ideal for traveling, this 2-in-1 curler and hair straightener also includes heat-resistant glove, two salon hair clips, salon comb and flat iron bag. It is also equipped with 360-degree swivel long cord for convenience.
The hair straightener has an 8-feet long cord, letting you walk across the room as you continue styling your hair.
- Floating plates avoid snagging and tugging
- Round design for easy curling
- 360-degree swivel long cord
- Heats up within 15 seconds
- The outer of straightener can get pretty hot
- Cord doesn’t swivel smoothly
4. Best Hair Straightener with Wide Plates
KIPOZI Professional Nano-Titanium Flat Iron
Reviewed by: Max Perzon
For those who are looking for wider plates, this titanium flat iron by Kipozi might be the one you’ve been searching for. It has nano-titanium plates as wide as 1.75 inches, allowing you to style bigger sections and reduce your styling time significantly. It also lowers the risk of hair damage by distributing heat evenly.
The ceramic heating plates also emit negative ions to moisten your hair, making it silky and shiny. They are wide enough even for the coarsest or thickest hair, delivering curling and straightening functions at the same time.
Whether you have thick, normal, or thin hair, this straightener has multiple heat settings for your needs. The temperature can be as low as 170F and as high as 450F. The 3D floating plates also make hair straightening a simple task.
The durable handle ensures that the unit won’t burn your hands, and the heat automatically decreases and turns off when not in use to save energy and prevent accidents.
On top of that, it has an LCD screen display that lets you adjust the temperature easily. The 8-foot heavy-duty swivel power cord also prevents tangling.
- It features LCD screen display
- 1.75-inch floating plates for full contact and snag-free experience
- Multiple heat settings
- 8-foot swivel power cord
- Nano-titanium material
- Not convenient for short and thin hair
- Not convenient for styling bangs
5. Best Affordable Flat Iron
Remington Anti-Static Hair Straightener
Reviewed by: Max Perzon
Tired of fighting frizz? This flat iron by Remington might impress you. With anti-static technology, there is no need to worry about static. It is designed to reduce the amount of negatively charged particles to control frizz and flyaways.
It features ceramic plates with titanium protection coating. The unit heats up fast, reducing frizz while creating a smooth glide. The long one-inch plates are perfect not only for straightening your tresses but also for curling.
To make it easier for you to set the right temperature according to the type of your hair, it has digital controls with an LCD screen. It offers a range of six heat settings from 310F to 410F, letting you straighten your hair quickly with each pass.
This flat iron also comes with a safety hinge and a swivel cord for easy handling while styling. It also shuts off automatically when not in use.
- It features anti-static plate technology
- 6 available heat settings
- Digital controls with LCD screen
- Titanium protection coating
- Turbo heat boost flattens stubborn patches
- It doesn’t have dual voltage capability
- Low heat adjustment span
- Displayed temperature is a bit difficult to see
Hair Straightener Advantages
Are you looking for an effective way to give your hair a decent makeover without damaging your tresses? By using the right tool, you can now straighten your hair and turn into a stunning beauty in a matter of seconds. Throughout the years, hair straighteners have significantly developed in their functionality and features. Finding the best flat iron, however, can be a daunting task since there are countless products on the market. For that reason, we’ve prepared a complete buying guide with multiple top-rated products available on the market. Check out what they are all about and pick the best hair straightener for your future makeovers!
There’s a lot of talking about potential hair damage due to the use of hair straighteners. That’s why it is important to understand that your hair doesn’t have to suffer if you learn how to use the device properly and regularly moisturize your hair.
On the contrary, using a flat iron comes with plenty of benefits that you should know about.
- It can help you save money, time, and energy that you would otherwise use to visit a hair salon.
- It provides satisfying results and doesn’t take too much of your time.
- It makes the styling of your hair an easy and effective process.
- Flat ironing is a great alternative to permanent straightening which is accompanied by the use of harmful chemicals that can damage not only your strands but also the roots of your hair.
- Unlike permanent straightening, flat iron is safe for use on dyed hair and doesn’t lead to melting of the color.
- It helps you transform in a matter of seconds.
- It is easy to use and doesn’t require the help of other people. You can use hair straighteners anytime and anywhere you please as long as you have access to a power source.
- It is portable and easy to clean.
Are There Any Risks?
Despite the many advantages that flat irons have to offer, they have to be used with caution. Prolonged or too frequent use of hair straighteners may lead to dry, brittle hair. Improper use may also cause split ends, so make sure to follow our tips and the instructions of the product you buy as you style your hair.
Features to Consider When Buying a Flat Iron
Choosing the right flat iron is a delicate process, as the health and the look of your hair greatly depend on the product you get. Here are some of the most important features you should consider before buying a hair straightener.
Flat irons come in various plate sizes and selecting the right size is crucial to ensuring that your hair stays healthy. Each plate size comes with its own set of benefits, making it ideal for a specific type of hair.
- Small, narrow plates: These are ideal for people with thin or short hair. They are also perfect for styling spikes and bangs due to their small size. Additionally, they make a great travel buddy as they can easily fit in most handbags and backpacks.
The plates of small-sized flat irons typically measure ½ to 1 inch in width.
- Medium, standard plates: They are appropriate for most hair types and hairstyles. While they may also be used on thin or short hair, one should handle them with care and avoid applying too much heat.
The plates of medium-sized flat irons typically measure 1 to 1½ inch in width.
- Large, wide plates: While they may not be appropriate for shorter and thinner hair, wide-plated hair straighteners are ideal for hair that is very thick, long, or curly. This allows the users to perform the job faster and avoid exposing hair to heat for too long.The plates of large-sized flat irons typically measure 1½ to 2 inches in width.
The plates of hair straighteners usually feature one of the materials below. A combination of different materials is possible as well.
- This type has been thriving on the market for decades. Ceramic irons get reasonably hot and stay that way as long as needed. They are most appropriate for regular use on healthy or slightly damaged thin or thick hair.
- This coating is typically used in combination with ceramic and helps in efficient heat distribution. Tourmaline irons are ideal for regular use on normal or damaged hair and capable of delivering professional results.
- As the newest market addition, titanium irons are the safest alternative amongst all types of plates. They are ideal for distributing the heat fast and effectively without damaging the hair. Titanium irons perform best when used on thick, coarse hair.
Opt for an iron that offers several heat settings in order to be able to choose the setting that is best for your hair type. There is no universal standard when it comes to the temperature that is safe for your hair. Understand the texture of your hair before using the device, as each hair type should be treated at a different temperature.
If you’re looking for a convenient way to monitor the temperature, look for an iron with LCD. This display can help you prevent your hair from overheating and getting damaged.
How to Use a Flat Iron
Before you attempt to straighten your hair, you will need to make some preparations. Grease, pollution, dirt, and styling products make our hair unmanageable, tangled, and frizzy. Thus, it is important to wash your hair thoroughly before using your chosen flat iron. It is also recommended to use a conditioner before rinsing your tresses.
After washing and conditioning your hair, use a blow dryer or fan to dry your hair. Do not use your hair straightener while your hair is still wet as it can damage your strands.
Using a flat iron hair straightener is not difficult. Whether it is your first time or you need additional guidance, we have here a step-by-step instruction to help you achieve your desired results.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Towel dry your hair first before using a blow dryer. Use a comb to detangle your hair. This will make it easier for you to glide the flat iron.
- Apply a heat protection spray for additional protection before ironing your hair. Do not apply it to the roots as it would make your hair oily.
- Divide your hair into several sections. This will help you focus on every layer of your hair to straighten them equally.
- Set the right temperature of your flat iron according to the type of your hair.
- Start with the first section. Make sure that you begin at least an inch from the root. Straighten one section at a time and glide the straightener again until you achieve desired results. Follow this process for all sections.
- Stop the process if you notice any steam or sizzle around your hair.
- Once you’re done, you’re ready to go and enjoy your straight hair!
Hair Straightener Tips & Tricks
The longer you’re going to use your flat iron, the more familiarized you will become with all of the features that it offers. By learning through your own mistakes, you will also be able to master various tricks that will make your makeovers more fun.
Here are some of the tips and tricks that will help you get started:
- Know the difference between the different types of hair straighteners.
- Determine which size of the straightener works best for your hair type.
For pixie cuts and bangs, ½-inch mini flat iron is recommended. 1-inch iron is best for fine and short hair, while 1 ½-inch is suitable for shoulder-length and medium-thick hair. For thick and long hair, 2-inch flat iron is recommended.
- Avoid any heat setting with a temperature that is higher than 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Those with fine hair should use temperatures between 300 and 325 degrees.
- When straightening your top hair, flat-iron the sections toward the ceiling for additional volume.
- Use a brush at the bottom of your strands to achieve a small bend.
- Curl your hair with a flat iron for a totally fresh look.
- You can also make some waves by clamping the flat iron and twisting it for a few seconds.
- Achieve perfectly smooth hair by using a comb and your hair straightener at the same time.
- Using a thermal brush at your roots while straightening your hair can help eliminate cowlicks! It will also give you more volume at the crown of your head.
- Remove the gunk off your plates with a clean washcloth and rubbing alcohol.
Consider buying a pair of ear covers to prevent burning your skin. This is a must-have if you use the hair straightener regularly or if you are still getting used to the device.
If you’re growing tired of dull, frizzy hair, you can easily transform yourself into a thriving beauty by using a flat iron to straighten your hair. Fortunately, these products have developed to a point where they no longer need to cause damage in order to provide amazing benefits. Still, finding the right straightener that will suit all of your needs is no easy job. You have to examine the offer carefully to make sure you get your hands on a reliable product that will last you for many years.
Fortunately, we narrowed down your search and presented the top five best flat iron devices currently on the market. While we have named the KIPOZI Pro Nano-Titanium Ion Plates Flat Iron as the winner of this round due to its convenient design, LCD, and highly adjustable heat settings, all of the products mentioned will make a great addition to your beauty collection. Choose the best hair straightener and enjoy your transformed hair!